• It is a novel which narrates story of lead character named Ankita Sharma.
• She is sweet,intelligent and charming girl who achieves her dream though being from middle class conservative family.
• Novel describes Ankita’s life journey from her college life to how she overcomes, most difficult phases of her life.
• It’s story from nineties where, seeds of love starts blooming through letters of innocent girl who have beauty with brain , whose fallen for a guy named Vaibhav. Being a kid from strict family it plots twist in her life.
• Her life becomes unstoppable glory as she accomplishes every goal in life, but destiny has plotted a great fall. After being diagnosed by bipolar disorder, her life started declining in every aspects.
• But, like the birth of Pheonix she overcome her brizzae circumstances. The story ends with the renascence of Ankita into person who celebrates everyday for being alive. That is the story in brief for you.
• LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT is elegantly plotted by Preeti Shenoy. Being a writer she also loves art, reading, travelling, photography, nature, blogging. She is the writer of the best selling novel “34 Bubblegums and candies”.
• Let us discuss why you should read this book.
- The novel tries to spread awareness about bipolar disorder through the story of Ankita and it attempt to create awareness among people about the mental illness and the cure for it. Bipolar disorder is serious brain disorder that causes dramatic shifts in moods, energy levels, attitudes and ability to carry out everyday tasks. The novel endeavours to remove the stigma attach with mental illness.
- It emphasises on the importance of love and relationships in our life. ‘Never to belittle love, no matter where it came from and to be a little humbler, nicer and kinder with my words and actions’ is a wonderful quote from the book.
- Through romantic part it reminds us about how our love nurtured through our lifes. And how we make sweet, cute things when being in love.
- It is a story of courage, determination and growing up through any situation with help of faith, belief in self which can change your own destiny. This whole story is beautiful penned in few words by author ‘The world is indeed a better place when there is love, friendship, acceptance and hope. Powered by these, you can indeed overcome anything, including destiny’
- I know it is simple story but I love the way to how she curated it by introducing epilogue and then prologue of her life. It is good to read to one who is going from lack of motivation. It tries to inspire our spirit and gives courage to battle with our troubles.
I would recommend to read it and would give 8 out of 10.